FUCKED UP BEYOND ALL RECOGNITION

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Nice Book Names

Just now I was looking at the books I had bought in Chennai and brought to Kanpur, and I realised how much the name of the book influences whether I buy it or not . The five books I had bought were :

  • "I AM NOT A CROOK " -by ART BUCHWALD . (Rs.20) -The quotes were part of the name.
  • The LONDON HANGED : Crime and Civil Society in the Eighteenth Century - by PETER LINEBAUGH (Rs.50)
  • TWENTY THOUSAND LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA - by JULES VERNE(Rs.25) . If this name ain't interesting , I wonder which one is .
  • THE WAY THAT WATER ENTERS STONE - Stories by JOHN DUFRESNE .
  • SHIVAJI ROA to SIVAJI - by ' Thiruvarur' GUNA . The first Tamil book I have bought . The motivating factor : RAJNIKANTH . Surely, any book about THALAIVAR has got to be interesting .
  • CRIME AND PUNISHMENT - by FYODOR DOSTOYEVSKY . Even though I already had this exact same version of this novel, this was a steal at a mere forty bucks . And I also like the author's name a lot-Dostoyevsky has a rather nice ring to it .
  • THE PARTNER -by JOHN GRISHAM (Rs.40) . I bought this book strictly based on strong recommendations and it has quite exceeded my expectations .

Yeah, I GUESS THE NAME OF A BOOK MATTERS QUITE A LOT . What SAY ?

No comments:

Google